If you are using the SCU wireless system (BroncoWiFi), you will need to make sure you've logged into the wireless network before proceeding. To login, open a webpage on your mobile device (use an off-campus page like www.cnn.com or other page to see the login page).
Before setting up a mobile device (or IMAP/POP/ActiveSync client) for the first time, you will need to set your Google Apps Mobile device password. You can do this step on either your computer or mobile device.
With "Google Sync", you can use your iOS native applications to access your Google Apps mail, contacts and calendars.
1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
2. Select Add Account...
3. Select Microsoft Exchange. (Please note you will need to be running iOS 4.0 or greater to have multiple Exchange accounts, in case you already have another Exchange account on your iOS device.)
4. In the Email field, enter in your full email address.
5. Leave the Domain field blank.
6. Enter your full email address as the Username.
7. Enter in your Google Apps Mobile device password (NOT your network ID password) as the Password.
8. Tap Next at the top of the screen.
9. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter in m.google.com. If you're running iOS 6 or later, you will need to re-enter your full email address as the Username.
11. Press Next at the top of the screen.
12. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar and Contacts) you want to sync. To receive and respond to meeting requests on your iOS device, both Mail and Calendar need to be turned on and New events needs to be enabled in your Google Calendar settings.
If you already have contacts on your iPhone, you'll be prompted if you want to keep them or not. If you choose Keep on My iPhone, your contacts will synchronize with your Google account.
By default, your iOS device may be set to ONLY synchronize 3 days worth of email. To change this setting:
1. From the main screen, go to Settings.
2. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Select your SCU Google account from the list.
4. You should now see the summary screen for your account. Select Mail Days to Sync to adjust how far in the past you would like to keep your emails on your iOS device.
Please note that these are "temporary" instructions on how to synchronize multiple calendars with your iOS device. The procedure to synchronize multiple calendars may change as Google is updating their mobile servers.
By default, you will receive your main calendar on your iOS device. Use these instructions to add additional calendars (such as shared calendars or additional personal calendars you created within Google Calendar).
1. On your mobile device, go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/ (note that you must include the "/" after "settings").
2. Select "Sign in with your Google Account".
3. Use your full email address as your username and leave the password field blank. Click on "Sign in".
4. You should be directed to the SCU Login screen. Login with your SCU Network login ID and password to continue.
5. Once your signed in, you'll see a list of mobile devices which have accessed your account. Choose the appropriate mobile device from the list.
6. From the list of calendars, place a check-mark next to each one you want on your iOS device. Click "Save" to save your changes.
7. You should see a "Device settings saved successfully!" message.
8. In a few minutes, the new calendar(s) will appear on your iOS device. To verify, open the Calendar app on your iOS device and select the "Calendars" button in the top left corner. Your viewable calendars will be listed here. If you do not see the new calendar(s), wait a few seconds and they should get added to the list.
Mobile FAQs >